Monday, August 11, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY
Outside My Window...it is dark, as the sun has not come up yet because it is 6:00 a.m. I just saw my new neighbor, who I need to make some brownies and go and introduce myself to, pull in his driveway
I am thinking...about all the things that need to be done this week before we start school next week. Also I am thinking that when the sun starts to rise I am heading out for a long run.
I am thankful for...my family. God has blessed me so very much, truly more than I could ever think or imagine!!
From the kitchen...nothing is happening in there right now. The only thing on is my wonderful coffee pot. Two cups down, Two more to go:)
I am wearing...workout pants and a running T-shirt from a race I ran it. Sad that I didn't sleep in pajamas, but they are just as comfy.
I am creating...hopefully an organized homeschool closet; chicken salad sandwiches, fruit with dip, and chips and dip for an open house that I am hosting tomorrow.
I am going...to be pretty busy this week.
I am hoping...and praying through situations involving my extended family that really saddens my heart. I am hoping we will have a blessed week. I am also hoping that the house I am giving an open house for will sell. It is my former pastor's home and they really need for it to sell.
I am hearing...just the typing of my fingers on the keyboard. It is very, very quiet. Everyone is sleeping. I am ALWAYS the first one up in the mornings.
Around the house... it SOOO needs cleaning. We do try and rest on Sundays, so no chores for the kids or I, but boy on Monday morning can you tell it!!! As soon as everyone is up and at 'em we will be busy with cleaning up.
One of my favorite things...snuggling with my children. Since the Olympics have been on we have all been sitting down together to watch them, so we have had lots of snuggle time.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: The madness of go, go, go starts this week, but I would be lying if I said that I didn't love it - because I SO DO!!! Soccer practice Tues and Thurs., Ballet on Thurs., possibly signing Alec up for swim team, giving an open house on Tues., water slide field trip with our homeschool group on Friday, maybe take Alec to Fern Bank.


2 comments:

Thru Pink Curtains said...

mmmmm the first thing that entered my mind as i read, (you are married!!! i'm not) so i can don my high heels and deliver the brownies for you hahhaha
Like your blog color and the flower. Seems like everyone is getting ready for school again I wish my kids were home again oh well have a good week and hope your brownies turn out good!!!

Unknown said...

The coffee pot and I are always the first ones up in my house too. I will do just about anything for that small bit of quiet!

You DO have a busy week! But it sounds fun too!