Monday, August 4, 2008

A Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY
OUTSIDE MY WINDOW...I see my sister's mini-van. YAY! She is in town from Dallas, TX..
I AM THINKING...how glad I am that my sister is here with us and how much fun we have had today.
FROM THE KITCHEN...dinner was "Make Your Own Pizza Night." The boys are playing golf (all but Joseph-Scott), and so we all made our own pizzas. The kids LOVED it. Noelle had the special plate tonight and she raised her hand to say something. I thought she was going to say something special about herself, but she didn't. She said, "I love all of you."
I AM CREATING...I really have the scrapbooking bug, as well as I want to sew my girls a couple of outfits before we leave for Disney World in a few weeks. However, we are about to start school, so not very much time anymore.
I AM GOING...to go and help Melissa get the mattresses to lay out for them. She's bein' a little bossy right now:)
I AM WEARING...jeans and my Minnie Marathon running shirt. My hair is in a pony tail high on my head and I have absolutely NO makeup on.
I AM READING...my Bible in a year. I am about to start reading lots of books with my chidlren for the upcoming school year. More details next week.
I AM HOPING...that we have a great visit with my sister and her family. My mom will get out of her funk and her ear will feel better. My dad will continue to be pleasant to be around.
I AM HEARING...Melissa coax Joseph-Scott into going upstairs. All 3 girls in the family room getting ready to watch a movie.
AROUND THE HOUSE...it is buzzing with activity, which I love. It was really clean today but after my sister got here it was time to have some FUN and who can really have a good time with a clean house?!?
ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS...my sister! I am 22 months older than she is, but I feel she is just as much apart of me as my legs are. Everything that has happened in our lives we have been right there together through LOTS of dysfunction. She is SOOO funny!!! She always lets me know what she is thinking (sometimes good but most of the time bad:), so I value her opinion greatly. She is so right when she tells everyone she is the cute and fun one!!!
FEW PLANS FOR THE REST OF MY WEEK...making tie-died T-shirts with the kids tomorrow. My sister is going to take some photos of my family (she is a photographer and was so sweet to bring all of her photography "stuff"). Hopefully take a couple of walks around my neighborhood with my sister, if I can coax her into it. She is probably WAAAYYY too fun and cute for exercise. Mexican tomorrow night. Sneaking away to do some shopping. Church Wednesday night and lots and lots and lots of laughter!!! We also have a soccer party for Ash's soccer team to kick off the beginning of the week
HERE IS A PICTURE THOUGHT TO SHARE WITH YOU:

I would love to have one of Melissa and I, so I will post later. Both of us look AWFUL tonight, so no picture taking tonight!!!

2 comments:

Tiffani said...

It's about time Mrs. mama in high heels!! Lots of great things going on and I'm so excited about your time with crazy Melissa!! I know your house is just buzzing with silliness, fun and LOTS of peeps!! I feel like I'm missing out on something by being over here! I love you!

Unknown said...

It's neat to hear about you and your sister! I hope you guys have a great time!

I SO need to catch your scrap-booking bug. I was just looking at picture from 2001 that still need to be scrapped.

I'm interested in what you will be reading for homeschool. I am not exactly ready to tell the whole blog yet, but I'll tell you a secret...I will be homeschooling my kiddos once we get to NC. I never (in a million years) thought I would homeschool, but the Lord has been preparing my heart for this day for a long time.

Happy Wednesday!