Jon's dad is a very tenderhearted man. I can remember when we'd sit down and watch movies together, we all knew Jon's dad would be the first one to cry. One time in particular I remember watching, "Tuesdays with Morrie" (where I got Tuesdays with Granddaddy from).. . . there was laundry to be folded on the chair above him (he was sitting on the floor). I saw him reach up and grab a towel and wipe his eyes.
He cries "happy" tears and is usually moved and his heart is normally touched in happy times. . . Jon cries the same kind of tears.. . . He's becoming his dad.
Jon's dad was always a man who wrote letters to those he treasured most. I've heard friends of theirs remark about how precious it was to get a letter from Jim. In fact, on Jon and I's wedding day he wrote both Jon and I a letter and had it in the seat of the blue Buick we left the church in. Recently, in the last two months Jon has sent Alec an email (okay, that counts for modern-day letter writing, k?). He took Ash out for a date to $1 Chinese and gave her a letter at the end, and for my birthday gave me a letter that I cried so hard over Alec came downstairs to check on me to make sure I was okay. . . .He's becoming his dad.
Today, as Upward was coming to a close Jon teared up up as he told her team how Christlike they were. I had to look down and just rub his back. For I knew if I looked at him, I would have busted into tears myself. . . . He's becoming his dad.
Since Christmas time Jon has gotten into the habit to reading to our family. Right now we're reading "Kisses from Katie". The last book was "The Christmas Jar". He's teared up during both. . . . He's becoming his dad.
Oh, that sweet, tender-hearted man of mine. . . how I do love him so. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment