Monday, January 2, 2012

Ringing in 2012!!!!!!!!!

New Years Eve was such a fun time. Jon and I headed to a little restaurant near his work, a little Irish place. (I hate the angle this pic was taken, but I wanted one to mark our anniversary- even if I look horrible)

After eating we walked around midtown hand-in-hand just taking in the sights and sounds of the city, looking, laughing, talking. . . it was really oh.so.nice.

Then, we got home and I took a nap 'cause I knew I wanted to ring in the new year with sweet friends. At the very last, and I do mean last minute I sent out a FB message to a few families saying bring a snack, drinks, and your kids. The night before Faith, Jon, Steve, and I all had pizza together, so I knew they'd be there, but I wasn't sure about the last minuteness of it for everyone else.

The Brisendines said they couldn't make it, but about 10:30is they came trouncing through the door. What a sweet surprise. Their previous party had closed ship and 10:30 to the Brisendines is like 4:00 in the afternoon for me.

I thought this was funny, so I took a picture of my guys. I asked them which one was Dumb and which one was Dumber. . . har-de-har-har.
These ladies and I gathered at my table and gabbed and laughed and played games.
These girls are the "Wonderful Wonders' and put on a show for us (yes, ANOTHER, show). However, they got the idea from Dana to name themselves, Amazing Ally, Awesome Ashley, Magnificent Maddie, and Cute Claire. Dana apparently was a "show performer" in her early days. She put Faith and I's fears to rest about our girls feeling neglected and needing attention - ha!ha!
Meanwhile, the men were. . . well. . .

These two are in the Internet. . .
This one is taking it easy watching TV
Yep, so are these. . . I love everyone is so relaxed and just chillin'
The boys? Well, we never heard from them. They played football in the backyard until midnight. They had a BLAST! (missing Tuck and Coop - I think they were outside waiting on the older boys).
The little girls? Well, I think they aggravated the big girls while they were practicing for the show. But, didn't see much of them after that. . . not even to get a picture.

What about watching the ball drop? Well, we scurried into the living room quickly because we had been gabbing so much we lost track of time. . . the guys were trying to watch some motorcycle man do some sort of record jump??? We switched over the TV and the ball had dropped. I got some sugar from my love and said "Happy New Year".

I'm so thankful for the friends God has given us to create a life with, for family, for good health, and for a home to share with others.

Happy New Year!

No comments: