Sunday, May 1, 2011

Random Pictures

This post is a followup to my Random Words post. Mama and James wanted to take me a on ride through their trails in the woods to show the some tornado damage they incurred about a month ago. They are so much fun. They make these golf cart trails and name them. . . They've just started working on these trails, but one of this is named "Poison Ivy Patch". I have to say I got the red-carpet treatment or, should I say, the brown-leaf treatment. Yep, those brown leaves were all rolled out for me to step on and my mom pulled up with valet parking. . . Yep, the golf cart!
Here's the creek on their land. I don't think they've named this yet. It's beautiful though!

And, here is just a smiggin' of the trees that have been uprooted. . . beautiful, beautiful oak trees.







We also had an egg hunt. Mom had 8 prize eggs with money. Alec was focused on finding these. He cared nothing about the candy.





This is what James did while we were hunting.


That Hanna is ONE SERIOUS egg hunter!










He then moved to get a better view of the action. . . still sipping on his coffee? Do you see why I like coffee the way I do . . . it's in my blood!






(If Melissa reads my blog she is going to KILL me for putting this picture on here). . . I'm taking my chances here people.

This is my cousin, Sally's, little girl, Rachel. She spent the night with my mom that night. Very sweet girl. She was even calling me "Aunt Michele".


Mama and James


Mel and I


The Easter egg crew


As stated in my Random Words post this is the Seder supper we went to.







The Rabbi is the one holding the microphone.

I just loved the Jewish music.


This was very sweet. We had to dip our finger in our wine or grape juice (you got to chose) and for each plague (remember this is to commemorate the Exodus from Egypt), you said the name of each plague and sprinkled the juice onto the plate.


One thing I took away so much from this is how to trust in the sufficiency of God, which I think I do, but it was just put in a different way or struck me differently this night. Whatever He has for you in life, wherever you are at, He is sufficient. They didn't ask for anymore or any less than what the Lord had portioned them. I really want to read back through my booklet and glean other things. I will definitely be doing this again next year!!! It was a very sweet night and very, very meaningful. So much JOY!


It's grape juice, I promise :)


Here is the tornado damage that wiped across our county last week.



Here is a trailer park we went to help at. They are literally sitting on top of all their things. A local school was open for a shelter, but no one would leave because people were stealing one another's things. This makes me so very sad!


I just loved seeing the compassion of people also. They were all so very, very grateful! My heart left very full even amongst the destruction.


Nothing like tragedy to bring people together.


This is Ash's old Sunday School teacher's house. Precious, precious lady. She was so sweet. She was trying to give the kiddos candy for helping. Even amongst all of this she was still thinking of others. Something about her reminded both Melissa and I of Faye (grandmother).




These are the cedar trees where some of their things are caught up in.

1 comment:

theelizabethhighsmith said...

that super sounds fascinating!! and the tree's slay me every time i drive by-and the community's outpouring of support as well.