Okay, so I get to the airport, and before I can get in the door this man comes to get me to weigh my baggage (no wait). That bad boy weighed 63 lbs. He then informed me that for every bag over 50 lb Delta charges an ADDITIONAL $90. Now, I'd already paid $23 for this bag. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't go back to my car and empty some stuff out of it; I would miss my flight. I certainly couldn't throw my things in the trash. I would just have to suck up the $90 that I don't have. Yikes!!!
I had to go inside and take care of the charge in there. I then remembered my behemoth of a purse. "I know," I thought, "I'll take all my books and put them all in my purse. Cha-Ching, this has to work. My Bible feels like it weighs 10 lbs anyway."
I go to weigh my bag again. This time it was with a lady. Baggage weighed 54 lbs. Shoot a flying goose!!!!!! I'm going to have to pay $90 all for 4 lbs. The lady saw the look of exasperation and the "my hubby is going to kill me when he finds out" look all over my face. She said, "Girl, you don't want to pay $90. Let's open that bag up. Take out some jeans."
So here I am just a few feet from where Ash threw up on Friday, opening my bag pulling out jeans. E-M-B-A-R-R-A-S-S-I-N-G!!!!!!!
Sheew, down to 51 lbs.
"Girl, let's take out some shoes."
I'm pulling fast because I really am mortified at the Griswold in me (Remember, National Lampoons & Vegas Vacation????).
I took out 2 shoes . . . and to top it all off they didn't even match!!!!!!! Typical. . . just plain ol' TYPICAL.
With the help of my new friend, "T" (I can't remember her full name. It was hard to pronounce), she and I scored!!!! Whoo Hoo! 50 lb baby and no $90 fee.
However, I did have just a small problem. My behemoth purse is packed to almost overflowing with about 10-15 lbs of books (I'd already had a few in there), and I have 3 pair of jeans and 2 mismatched shoes to carry on, plus my laptop bag. I asked my new friend, "What it the world am I going to do with all of this stuff? They're not going to let me carry this on to the plane."
"Girl, go to one of those shops and get a bag."
Awesome idea, T.
So, of course, I headed to the shoo-shooish, froo-frooish shop (without thinking) asking her if I could just have a bag.
"Mam, you need to go to where they have the snacks just down the hall to the right. We don't have any bags."
Great, good one, Michele.
I'm so afrid at this point I'm going to miss my flight. I was already pushing it when I got to the airport. Again, that's just typical for me.
I found a store that sold snacks, books, etc. and found a bag on clearance for $6.99. SCORE!! Sure does beat $90.
Okay, I can relax.
Get past security, grab something to eat to eat on the plane, standing in line to board the plane, lady takes my ticket and then says to me.
"You have too many bags (purse, new bag, and laptop). You will have to fit 2 of your bags into one."
YOU'VE.GOT.TO.BE.KIDDING.ME.!!!!!!!!!!
I then proceeded to stick behemoth purse into my new red bag. I couldn't close the thing, and it was spewing forth every book, paper, lip gloss, pen, etc. from my purse. But hey, it worked, she let me through!!!
1 comment:
HAHAHA! this cracks me up. oh, i love it. You might need to take "Packing 101" before Guyana! :)
Post a Comment