Friday, March 12, 2010

What to Do??? What to Do??? What to Do???

In a little while I'm going to meet my mom for coffee. She's taking all the kiddos with her this weekend. She has been in grandkid withdrawal. With the busyness of basketball she didn't get a chance to get the kids much this winter. So. . . off to Nanna's they are going.

Meanwhile, back here at the homestead. . . Jon and I will eat in tonight. I'm going to make this pasta dish recipe from our newest "Runners World" magazine. I'll probably stop by "Red Box" and find some kind of funny movie for us to watch. We both have 18-mile long runs tomorrow. We were all going to run together. However, Jon's running partner, Doug, needed to run at 4:00 a.m. so he could spend time with his family. Jon didn't want to leave him high and dry. I'm going with Angela and another friend of ours, Chuck, to run some trails. We have a 31.5 mile trail run coming up in early April. I'm not sure if it is too early for snakes to be out. But, let me tell you - THEY FREAK ME OUT!!!! I will be looking underneath my feet and if I see one, I will run the fastest I have ever run.

Tomorrow night Jon and some guys are all going out. One of our friends just recently lost his father and his wife (who is a dear friend of mine) is going out of town. The guys thought they'd all take him out to grab a bite of dinner and play pool.

Know what that means for me???

Well, I'm not sure.

Very rarely am I ever totally by myself. . . that is unless I'm working. . . Honestly, I'm afraid I don't know what I'm going to do with myself.

I did think about calling an old friend or 2 and seeing if anyone wanted to have dinner.

But, since these times don't come often, I thought I'd just hang here at the house.

I've got a few things twirling around in this head of mine.

- clean up my closet (it is supposed to be a walk-in closet, but is so messy you cannot even step in there without stepping on something) and clean our dreadfully messy school room
- price homeschool books for the upcoming used book sale in late April
- veg in front of the TV
- Start a new Francine Rivers book "A Lineage of Grace".
- paint my hall (in front of the laundry room) and up the stairs
- sew pillowcase dresses for the girls for spring. The sewing bug has really bitten me.
- try and see if I can make some of these
- study and complete my homework for Bibliology/Hermaneutics
- clean up the garage
- catch up on reading blogs

With the looks of this list, it looks like I'm going to be by myself for days (thankfully NO!!)

What do you guys think? If you were getting a night all by yourself, what would you do?

5 comments:

Mama said...

I can't wait to get my babies. I miss them so much. I am hoping when we move to CC we will get to see yall more. I am sooooooo
excited to see yall today. I love you. Enjoy your run and time alone. When I have any time alone I like to read.

livinginbetween said...

Hmmm -- enjoy the silence. That's what I would do. I'd leave the tv off and relish the quiet. Maybe pick up a great book (I want to read that new one too), but NO CLOSET CLEANING!! :) Enjoy, Enjoy. Clean later.

Amber said...

Oh honey, whenever I can steal time ONLY for myself, I do nothing. Absolutely nothing. I put on my most comfy jammies, crawl in my bed, watch mindless tv, and may read a blog or two. But that's it. Nothing more.

Enjoy your time!!!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Michele, after reading that post where you outlined your day and after reading that you have an 18 mile run tomorrow, I suggest you prop your feet up and watch tv or read. Take advantage of the down time! The hallway and the closet aren't going anywhere!!!

Good luck tomorrow. I've seen a few snakes on the trail when we've been out hiking. My friends and husband tell me that my reaction is hysterical. I bet I you and I would be neck and neck trying to get away from one! YIKES.

Tiffani said...

I wouldn't go near closets.

I would maybe price homeschool stuff while listening to music or watching TV...but seriously when do you ever get to just lie around?! Take advantage of it and READ!!

I gotta get my rest too, whoosh, I've got a three-miler tomorrow..gotta prepare. ;)