You know each one of you have your very own identity to me, but for the most part Monday through Saturday you all start out the same.
3:50 AM -Alarm goes off and it's "time to make the donuts". . .which means work. Head downstairs to get coffee.
5:30 AM - Back downstairs for more coffee.
6:15 AM - Coffee I love you. . . need another cup.
7:45 AM - I think it should be "4th time's a charm rather than 3". . . by my 4th cup I'm feeling GOOD!!!
8:00 AM - Kids start getting up. I have to pry Alec out of bed.
9:00 AM - Stop working, go fix breakfast.
9:30 AM - Get school started. We always start with our Bible first. . . it's the most important and, honestly, if our day is hurried, I won't get it in if I don't do it first.
10:15 AM - Kids working on their assignments. I'll go run/workout. . . whatever is in order for the day.
1:00 PM - Break for lunch.
1:30 PM - Back to finish up school (at this point the kids don't need me hoarding over them.
2:00 PM - Go back to work (I'm having to work a little bit in the afternoons now. . . so thankful that there is a lot of work on the system right now).
3:00 PM - I will go and read by Bible. I've tried to do it in the morning, but b/c work is so much in volume right now I find my mind is focused on working and I feel "hurried" through my quiet time. Kids start their chores.
4:00 PM - Try to do whatever chores are needed to be done that day. .. but also I may hop in the shower and start getting ready for whatever we have to do that afternoon.
Dear Monday . . . I love you and I hate you. . . but at least I love you, right? Mondays are normally my long run days. Sometime I wake up at 2:00 AM Monday just to greet you. . . to get a little bit of work in before I go and meet my friend at 5:00 AM to run with. I must squeeze in a nap sometime on you Monday. Later in your evening, Monday, my dear friends come over and we gather together to study the word of God and to grow and to learn and to have our toes stepped on. Our time is so blessed, it is normally 11:00 before I put you to bed.
Dear Tuesday . . .I'm so tired when I greet you at 3:50 in the morning. I know you want me to be chipper and such. . . but tired is the word. . . but an "oh so worth it tired". . . my body is tired because on Monday I ran anywhere from 10 to 18 miles and my eyes are sleepy because I put Monday to bed so late. But, oh, what a sweet feeling of peace and happiness I feel in my soul. We go throughout our usual day... and Tuesday evening we go see our "soccer family". Tuesday, if you're lucky, you're put to bed around 9:30.
Dear Wednesday . . .Good morning at 3:50!!! This day is pretty much the normal routine until church that night. We leave the house at 5:30 and return about 8:30-9:00. It's so good to eat with our church friends and family. And, Wednesday, I love you because I always get excited about going to my Bibliology/Hermaneutics class on Wednesday night. I'm learning so much. So, Wednesday, my head gets full of facts and knowledge. . . so much so, sometimes I think it might explode as I'm leaving class. You, dear Wednesday, are normally put to bed around 10:00.
Dear Thursday. . . okay, Thursday. . . sometimes by the time you roll around I'm exhausted. I think I grit my teeth when the alarm goes off at 3:50. I'm really tired physically and mentally. . . sometimes to the point of tears . . . depending on my mood. If I'm really good to myself, dear Thursday, I will squeeze in a nap on you. If I can't make it work, then my eyes get heavy around 8:00 PM. However, I try to purge through so I can watch "The Office" with my hubby. After "The Office" it is off to bed, off to bed I said. Thursday, you know we squeeze ballet into you and sometimes running club. We enjoy both very much because we get to see our friends.
Dear Friday . . . it is our lightest school day and one of our "easiest going" days around here. Work still abounds and there are chores to be done, but the kids have more free time than the rest of the week. Most times we have Running Club that afternoon. We also have soccer practice. Sometimes we get together with friends or the kids have friends spend the night. Fridays are usually restful as far as the evening time goes. . . which is OH.SO.NICE!!!
Dear Saturday. . . although I'm looking forward to the day when I can sleep in on a Saturday . . . I greet you bright and early, but it's not until 5:00 AM though. I normally work until about 8:00 AM or 9:00 AM. Then it's time to get ready and, depending on the season, head to the soccer field or basketball court. Normally after that we have a birthday party or maybe doing something with friends or just enjoying a quiet night at home.
Dear Blessed Sunday. . . oh how I love you. I sleep in until 6:00 AM, wake up get my coffee, head to what we call the "Coastal Room" and have some sweet quiet time with the LORD. No pressure to get work done today. We leave our house about 9:30 and head to church. We get home about 1:00. We eat and then I head upstairs for my Sunday nap. The more and more I read Scripture, the more important I see how important it is that we rest on Sunday. I really try hard and do this. My Sunday nap pretty much happens every Sunday. I get up, we enjoy some family time, then its back off to church. I really, really love our new church. It deserves a whole post of its own. Sunday is really my very favorite day of the week!!!
So, there you go, days of the week. You keep me busy, and there are times when I'm exhausted. You keep me in the hustle and bustle .. . but the times when we have "down time" are all the more special. .. they are savored like a good cup of coffee. Honestly, I think I'm kinda wired to be busy . . . I'm so thankful God has provided me with the energy to keep up the hectic schedule that you demand from me "days of the week". I'm so thankful we have the finances to participate in things that keep us busy. It has brought us many special relationships.
6 comments:
Hi I found your blog from Kellys Korner and I love it, its so cute! Thanks for sharing and Happy Friday!!
ok, I"m going to be rereading this post often! I am so impressed and in awe of how you get it all done~I've even commneted to Melissa several times how I am amazed at all your energy! So, I need to reread it often, and pick myself up off my lazy booty! Thanks for sharing your "daily life" with us!
Visiting from Kelly's. How in the world do you survive on that little sleep? I feel lazy just reading what time you get up every day LOL!
You sound busy, but so organized! Loved visiting your blog!
I LOVE YOUR BLOG! Oh my goodness, I can totally relate to this schedule! I don't have to wake up as early, but my days seemed packed daily! Being a stay at home mom, two girls 7 and 2, my days seem to run together! Your blog is amazing and I consider it a honor to be a reader! Keep letting the Lord use you, you don't know what a blessing this blog is to another stay at home mom!
Girl...you make me tired.
Seriously? 3:50?? Goodness.
You.are.Wonder.Woman.
Post a Comment