Tuesday, March 16, 2010

How'd It Go?

Did I paint?

Did I call a friend to go out for dinner?

Did I clean my closet?

Clean up the school room?

Or. . .

Did I sit on the sofa and hardly move an inch?

If you guessed the last choice, you guessed correctly.

The morning started out with me working. Then, I went to a nearby trail with some friends and we ran the 17.? mile loop.

Let me just stop here and say trail running kicks my booty!!! Believe it or not the downhills were harder than the uphills. I'm not the most coordinated gal either. After the 6th time of catching my fall, I finally couldn't get my balance and fell flat on my hiney. I toughed it up 'cause I was with my friends, though I did get teary eyed. It hhuuuurrrrrttttt . . .okay, that's the whiney girly girl in me. Throughout the trail I felt like thte scarecrow from "The Wizard of Oz" when he comes off the pole. .. he's all falling around, arms flailing everywhere. That was what I looked like. Then I got the stinkin' song in my head that he sang.

Although it was tough, I have to say I really enjoyed the trail running. Time passese by so much quicker. I think it is because you have no earthly idea where you are going. I have to fess up though, I'm scared to death of snakes. . . so before I left I googled "what time of year do snakes come out in the South".

I have you know I really didn't get a clear answer. I wanted something as clear as "Snakes come out on March 15th every year". I got nothing of the sort. However, I didn't see the first snake . . . praise the LORD!!

I got home and I had muscles hurting on me I didn't know that I had. I ate, watched a little TV with Jon, got a shower, came back downstairs. . .cuddled up on the sofa with Jon, finished a movie with him, and we both fell asleep like babies. .. He did run his 18 miler early that morning. We were both "too pooped to pop".

Jon woke up because he had to get ready to go out with the guys. I cleaned the kitchen and then started dreaming of my favorite dessert. . .a little something called a "Blondie" from "Applebees".

Jon left. I called in a dessert-only order to "Applebees". The sweet hostess delivered that yummy goodness straight to my car. I didn't even have to get out.

I got home, savored every morsel of my dessert (left a little for Jon though), turned out all the overhead lights, cut on all the lamps, lit a candle, and plopped myself on the sofa with "Systematic Theology". Now before you start yawning on me and thinking I'm a big ball of boring. . . this theology stuff is actually really good!!!

After my mind had all teh big words it could take, I opened up Francines Rivers "A Lineage of Grace" and started reading about my girl, Tamar. I'm getting to know her pretty well through the writings of Mrs. Rivers. She's my very favorite author and anything she has ever written is WONDERFUL!!!

My eyes started to get all sleepy, so I turned on the TV. . . Now, I'm thinking, "Jon's out with the guys. It will be late when he gets home. When I'm out with the girls we tend to close down whatever restaurant we eat at, then we all head to the car and talk." Don't know why I was thinking the guys would talk this much. . . Jon got home around 9:00. They talked at dinner. Apparently that's enough for the boys. They had a great time though. Jon really enjoyed himself.

It felt really, really good to rest and read . . . things that truly are a luxury for me. . . don't you just love the simple things?


4 comments:

Amber said...

I love that you just took it easy and relaxed.

I love those kind of quiet nights by myself. I always feel so recharged afterwards.

:)

Musings of a Homeschooling Mom said...

That sounds like a great night to me! Did I read at one time that you were doing a Beth Moore Bible study? If so, how did you like it? I'm looking for something to do after I finish reading the Bible next week.

Tiffani said...

I'm so proud of you!

Simple is beautiful. Always.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Rest is good!!!

Hey, I just wanted to tell you that I'll hike uphill all day long, but going back down is AWFUL! I wasn't sore at all after hiking Pikes Peak (we had a ride back down the mountain, so we only went up) but when we did a practice run and had to walk 6 miles up and 6 miles down, I was hurting SO bad. I fall a lot going down too. And yes, it hurts!