On Saturday she celebrated her birthday with our family and friends. My mom did a fantastic job with her soccer birthday cake. . . .
They all had a wonderful time.
Sunday morning I was quite concerned about how I was going to get myself, my 2 girls, and the 5 other girls all ready for church. And of all Sundays . . . this Sunday we had to be there a little earlier than normal . . .
Ask anybody who remotely knows me and they will tell you very rarely am I ever on time. Somewhere along the way I made up this rule in my head that as long as I am no longer than 15 minutes late . . . then I'm still on time . . . that's the definition of fashionably late in my book.
Jon was not here to help. He went out and did my Sunday morning paper run for me.
Guess what? We got to church and on time!!! The girls were all so pleasant. They actually all helped one another get ready. They would help fix one another's hair. One of the girls helped me ice the cinnamon rolls. It was really a lot of fun!
Alec spent the night with a friend . . . and for that I know he was grateful that he did not have to be in a house full of squealing girls.
I will say the difference between boy sleepovers and girl sleepovers is when boys come over . . . I just know to have plenty of food. Very rarely will I ever hear from them. They hang out and play . . . rarely is there ever any drama.
Now with girl sleepovers . . . I had to leave watching the GA game with Jon several times to go upstairs and mend hurt feelings, settle things in a calm and rationale way, tell everyone to include everyone else and no telling of secrets, to remind them to treat one another just like they want to be treated. . .
One time I headed back downstairs and all of the girls were upstairs watching the Hannah Montana movie. Jon and I heard the sweetest sound of their little voices singing . . . we snuck up the stairs so we could watch them. . . so sweet.
One minute they all are fighting like cats and dogs and the next minute they are kumbaya-ing with one another:) That's girls for you . . . both little girls and big girls.
3 comments:
What a great birthday!!
GIRL...I was all kinds of shuddering when I saw that GINORMOUS pack of kiddos sitting on your steps and then you went and did a sleepover?
I bow to you, oh great one.
That last line was perfect and ain't it the truth? Big girls and little girls...some things just don't change that much.
Looks like a good time was had by all!
wowzers, Nanna?! Talk about Ace of Cakes!!
I hate we missed it but we were definitely there in spirit...and my GOODNESS that's a lot of girls!!!
Can you believe it's the last year in single digits?! That GETS me every time I think about it!!
Post a Comment