I know I haven't been very faithful to you in these last few weeks. There has been much going on that I don't want to forget . . . and I want to jot down . . . so when I'm old and gray I can look back at these words and recall this season in my life.
I have lots to stay and lots to blog about. I just haven't been "into it" lately. To my blogger friends, I've been reading your blogs and staying involved in your lives. . .I just don't have any words right now.
I think I'm just tired . . . really tired. Last week was a rough week with me trying to be a juggler of all things . . . I had so many balls in the air and I couldn't keep them all in sync . . . they were piling on top of me very rapidly.
It is hard . . . working and homeschooling . . . especially when you work at home . . . because you still feel like a stay-at-home mom . . . because that is what you do . . . stay at home. This week work has really demanded my attention more so than ever.
So many times I feel like I can handle it all . . . and then I crash . . . and normally with crashing comes tears and, unfortunately, complaining and griping. I know God does not honor my complaining and griping. . . I have to learn to not hold so much in and learn express my emotions and frustrations in a healthy way . . . a way that honors my Lord. . . . a way that doesn't look like Mt. Vesuvius is erupting.
Options and solutions are offered by those near and dear to me . . . yet, the thing is at this stage in life I HAVE to work. My husband is stuck in the middle of whether to continue his business full time . . . a very successful business (through God's grace). . . yet a business that scares him because of the current state of our economy . . . that is option A or option B is find a full-time job. He has applied and searched and applied and searched . . . yet NOTHING, NOTHING. Not even a phone call for an interview.
I don't know what God is up to. . . but I know that He does, and that alone gives me so much strength and confidence.
But my income is really needed right now as all is in limbo with Jon's career. God has shown me through this very trying time that it is not a job that provides for us . . . but it is He Himself and no other. He may provide us with a job to provide for us . . . but it ALL comes from Him.
So while I'm overwhelmed and frustrated and so desperately want to just teach my children and throw all of my efforts and energy into teaching them . . . I can't . . . and I'm grateful for the job I have. Even though at times I literally hate it and it stinks . . . I'm still grateful and will continue to be.
Jon wants me to quit just as much as I do, but God gives us wisdom . . . and right now the best thing is is that I keep my job and just learn to rest in God and Him alone. . . It would be so very foolish to quit my job because of my emotions . . . the fact that is what I want. . . .but obviously God has something better in store . . . because all things work ultimately for His glory and my good because I love my Lord and am called according to His purpose. (Romans 8:28)
Rest is hard to come by these days. Very rarely do I find myself entering the bed until 10:00 and then as soon as I close my eyes I hear the sound of the alarm clock. I wake up and feel as if my eyes have only been closed for 5 minutes. I get up and work. Honestly, when I'm finished working I'm pretty pooped. I just need more than 6 hours of sleep at night . . . especially now that I'm running 30+ miles a week.
A few months ago I was having some minor health issues. The doc didn't know about my hectic schedule, but as he started to question me his eyes grew wide. He informed me that I needed at least 7 hours of sleep (being as busy as I am) but he would prefer me to have 8.
I was a good girl for awhile . . . and I'm telling you an hour more worth of sleep makes all of the difference in the world. I started thinking about it the other day. Basically getting 6 hours of sleep a night 7 days a week . . . that means I'm losing out on an hour of sleep that my body needs, which equates to a full night's worth when I add up all 7 days. It's rough some days, but God never promised us easy.
I'm so very incredibly blessed to have such a wonderful and loving man. He wants me to not be so tired and to be free from the pressure of working 10-12 hour days (that is my schedule with work plus homeschooling). But he knows what must be done for our family, and I know if he could take this pressure from me, he would. I had a friend of mine tell me recently that she loves the way she sees him constantly touching me . . . that it was like an admiration he had for me. Her sweet words stuck in my heart and my head . . . I'd never really thought about it that way . . . but obviously those around you can see things about your life that you're oblivious to. I don't deserve this sweet-hearted, gentle husband of mine, but, again. . . I'm living a fairy tale dream . . . a dream that can only be made possible because of God's grace.
So that is where I am . . . where I've been. I do miss blogging and commenting . . . but I'm just dry right now. I'm very grateful for my job though . . . it allows me to fulfill God's calling on my life. . . to be at home . . nurturing and educating my children . . . instructing them in the fear and admonition of the LORD. If that means I have to go without sleep . . . then so be it. I am my God's servant . . . to serve Him as He pleases in whatever way that may be.
10 comments:
Michele...Oh, I am so there with you! Hang in there! I've got your back!
girl, good thing is...your blog is ready when you are!!!
I pray for you daily, my fave, to get the rest you need and to remember to put YOU on your list of things "to-do"! Self-care, honey, it's a great thing...
Can't wait for Thursday for some much needed self-care for both of us!!! Love you to pieces, girl.
We certainly miss you but goodness! You have a lot to deal with that certainly falls in the category of : More Important Than This Blog.
Lots of worries. You're wise to know you have to lay them at His feet and rest not only 7-8 hours a night, but rest in Him minute by minute.
Thanks for being so transparent with us today. Prayers.
i love you, girly! i know you aren't saying all this for pity...this is from you heart and i admire your honesty. i hope that you find a balance in your life and that you continue to embrace all the goodness that God is pouring out in your life.
p.s. i admire your relationship with Jon, as your friend said...i don't know that i've ever mentioned it, but it's so refreshing to see a guy so obviously in love with his wife and to see that you are obviously so in love with him. (and that you appreciate him so much) i haven't known you two for very long at all, but it's VERY noticeable. keep your head up and your heart set on Jesus! He really is doing amazing things in and through you!
I've been trying to catch up on blogging myself in the last week, trying to post and post and post... it's not easy. Homeschooling is a full time job, I honestly don't know how you do anything else. I will be lifting you in prayer this week, that your yoke would be easier and the load a little lighter. Thanks for sharing, so that we sisters in Christ can come along side and lift you up!
one of my first memories of you was at oak hill's wednesday night dinners. you and my mom would chat, i remember you telling some story about being at the mall with two kids and just needing a cookie. girl, you deserve a cookie! you have a lot on your plate and i admire your honesty in sharing and your desire to honor God through everything. seriously, eat a cookie!
I love your blog! I will pray for God's will in your life and sleep... well as mommys it is over-rated!! If it helps, we will have many years soon, when they are grown and gone to sleep. But I do understand and pray you continue to seek God's will. He sees your obedience and you will be blessed!
Hang in there!
thanks for sharing
Girl you know I hate hate hate that you are in this "season"! I wish I could bear some of the load for you! If there is anything and I do mean anything I can do please let me know...you know I am right here!
I love ya and will be praying for you and Jon and this "season" of your lives...call me for anything!
P.S. I had no idea that stuck with you!
Loved reading your blog! I came over from your comment on Beth Moore's blog.
You are standing firm for Christ and I know it is hard! And your son, too...
I've gone through the attacks early in the morning and just wanted to mention that it really helps to confess to the Lord when fighting the enemy. Take the time to just tell Jesus ways you have failed Him, then ask Him to FILL YOU with HIS Holy Spirit. You will feel such peace...
Praying for you to be faithful through this battle. God is calling out His army and His Spirit is drawing us. Isn't that awesome! Stand fast, watch and pray. The battle belongs to the LORD.
I understand girl. I'm tired too. Gosh, I had all these thoughts I wanted to share, but my boys are coming and wanting breakfast and to get our day started. I'm thinking of you....lay low, get some rest and check in when you can!
I just went to my Dr for some tests too...I could so relate to what you wrote about that ;)
Post a Comment