Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Beary Special Day

This year for the girls' birthday my Mom AKA Nanna took them to "Build a Bear". She did this for Ashley for her 3rd birthday and it was such a sweet experience for Ash, she wanted to do it again . . . even at 9 years old . . . I love that. I love how she likes her dolls still rather than chasing boys. So many girls at her age are trying to grow up too quickly and be so much older than what they really are.

First they picked out their stuffed animals . . .

Hanna changed her mind when she saw the bulldog. It reminded her of Max, so she immediately wanted this one. . . .
Next, they picked out a sound to go inside of their animal . . . Hanna picked a bark. Ash picked a musical sound. . . .

Next they had to pick out a heart and rub it on their tummy so it wouldn't be hungry, rub on the cheek so it smiled, rub it on it the forehead so it would be smart, then make a wish . . .


Here comes the fun part . . . dressing them. I knew Ash would pick a funky outfit . . . and she did. Hanna had such a hard time choosing. Finally she saw this one pair of shoes she just had to have for her dog. That's my girl . . . buying the pair of shoes first . . . then the outfit to match.

They had to dress their stuffed animals. Raising 3 girls Mom has LOTS of experience doing this. . . .

Here's to a beary special day with a beary special person. . . . Nanna

Poor Mom had not even had lunch, so we headed over to Sticky Fingers.


Next we headed to Barnes and Nobles. This is where I'm weak. . . shoes and books are my weakness. I can have 10 books I need to read and I still want more . . . I didn't even take my purse in. Mom treated me to Starbucks . . . and it was ever so yummy. . . . We had so much fun. We laughed so very much . . . and, of course. . . we were the loudest people in there.

5 comments:

We are the Smith Family said...

What a great girly day!!!! Love it!!!

Heather said...

I loved taking Connor to build-a-bear!!! It was the neatest thing!

Tiffani said...

I love Build-a-bear, Starbucks, Barnes and Nobles and Nanna!!

What a fun day for all of you!!

I can't wait to take JuJu there again!

really.truly said...

Build a Bear never gets old! I noticed how un-crowded the store was....a homeschool perk(you get to go during the day/during the week)!!

We have Sticky Fingers here, love it!

Amber said...

LOVE days like this. And Build*a*Bear is great. I wish my boys would want to take their mama there!!!!!!!!!!! Instead we are stuck with legos and StarWars.

Oh well.

Looks like a fantastic day!!!