Monday, January 5, 2009

Memorization Monday

One of my New Years' resolutions that I forgot to type out was I really want to improve my Scripture memorization. This is an area that I LACK incredibly in!!! I make my children do it for school, but I really fail to hide God's word in my heart. So every Monday I am going to post the scripture I am memorizing for the week.

Beth Moore is actually doing this over at her blog with thousands, yes . . . I typed that right . . . thousands (praise God) of other women. They are actually memorizing 2 scriptures a month. I am so grateful to Beth Moore and her encouragement, yet I really feel led to try and memorize a scripture a week. I am afraid if I try to go for 2 a month I will get lazy and just throw in the towel. I am kind-of an all-or-nothing girl.

I know if I posted this on my blog it would keep me accountable. If anyone wants to join me, please do so. Whatever scripture God lays on your heart just post it every Monday. Come on . . . it would be lots of fun! If you decide to join in please leave me a comment.

"See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ." Colossians 2:8.

2 comments:

Tiffani said...

I will join you...I am learning Connor's Upward verses with him every week and then I'll do every other week for my own verse...but I will still post on Memorization Monday!

Very accountable idea, girl!

Julie said...

Great idea Michele!