It always amazes me how 3 children who grow up in the same family with the same parents can be so very different. Jon always says that with our girls I have one who looks and acts like me (my mini-me) and one who wants to be me. Hanna is miss prissy-
priss-
priss (mimicking her mama, of course). Ash, on the other hand, unfortunately, hears way more than she would like, how much she looks like her mama, from both strangers and
nonstrangers. For those who know us, she's told how much she acts like her mama! She often times will sigh in frustration!
Recently an old friend of mine posted some old pictures on
facebook. Comments have been made, yet again, of how much Ash and I look alike. This trip down memory lane made me think about my personality during that time period. . . . fearless, fun, unstressed, unscheduled, spontaneous, ready to conquer the world . . . and, dare I say . . . fierce. I have s
ome days that I feel that like parts of me have died. Between working, homeschooling, activities from here and there and yonder . . . days when I walk around like a zombie because I feel so tired . . . . and I wonder where the girl Jon married has gone?
Mind you, I have many, many more good days than days when "I don't see how I'm going to take another step because I am so tired" . . . but those days do come and sometimes they linger for longer than I would like. It is on those days when I feel parts of me have died. But then . . . .

I look at that girl of mine . . . my mini-me. . . . and see me all over again . . . . her passion, love for life, love for others, love to laugh, giggle, and just be plain silly. . . full of energy. I sometimes tend to make things much more difficult than they should be. When I see Ash in rare form I just smile and thank Jesus for her. . . . she brings out those parts of me that I feel have died. Sometimes I take life way too seriously . . . I am reminded of what Jon tells Alec all the time, "don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff except the God stuff." How I pray that is the way my family and I will live our lives . . . not sweating the small stuff, only the God stuff.

(Don't you all just love this tacky sweater? My mom and sisters played a joke on me with this lovely piece of clothing. Mama wrapped this up for Christmas for me, and she said the look on my face was priceless when I unwrapped it - Thanks Mama for a good laugh) I had had to "ham it up" just like my Ash.
6 comments:
I loved this! She is SOOO you!
Tell Nanna that sweater is awesome! How much would it take to get you to wear it in public Miss Fashionista????
I understand feeling like part of you has died. It is awesome that you can see yourself in your daughter! That sweater is something else!
Tiff, I can't even think of a number high enough to make me wear that ugly thing. I left it at Mama's house. I couldn't even allow it to go inside Noah's Ark:)
I completely understand when you wrote that you felt part of you had died! I tell my husband all the time that I feel the real me is trapped deep inside somewhere. I'm still the girl I used to be---but with a lot more responsibility.I'm working on bringing the fun, carefree me out more:) HTH! Loved what you shared!
So sweet! I love how God uses our children to remind us of ourselves...
I often think of that when I am on my kids for something (like keeping there rooms clean)...God will remind me of how I was exactly like them at that age!
Michele,
You are exactly right. Ashley is a mini michele. I look at her and I see you all over again. She is your clone. She has your persistence and I mean persistence. She just won't give it up, even when it's too late. She also has a heart of gold and she is caring and compassionate. She loves people and life. The part of your life that you feel like has died, it has just been reborn in this precious, precious child. It gives me great joy to be able to see my precious little Michele all over again in my precious little Ashley.
Love,
Mama
Post a Comment