Tiffani, in her super-fun fashion, did this super-fun meme that she got from one of her bloggy friends, Gretchen. You are assigned a letter and you write down 10 things you like from that letter. Tiffani is super-creative, and could probably come up with 10 things easily with the hard letters. I told her to go easy on me and assign me a good "Wheel of Fortune" letter. She gave me 'M'. Yay! I can do this one. If you want to join the fun, just leave me a comment to assign you a letter.
1. M&Ms. Just good 'ole chocolate. Nothing fancy. I just love the taste of regular chocolate. I love to get them one at a time and really let them melt in my mouth. Yummy.
2. Marathons - Okay, not really marathons. I've run one in my life, and I thought I was going to die; but, I do love 1/2 marathons! This is one I am training for coming up in March. I am running it with my little sister, Kristen. We are on a team together. Our name? Daughters of the King of Kings. We are both super excited!
3. Mineral makeup - Love, love, love it. The one I use is Bare Minerals, and it makes my skin look amazing. I get many compliments. It is a little expensive; however, it lasts me forever. I wear makeup pretty much everyday and I only have to buy the makeup twice a year. Pretty good, I think, especially since it is free of chemicals and all that other junk makeup has in it (sorry . . . I went all healthy again).4. Mitford series - These books are PRECIOUS! They make me giggle, smile, cry, and laugh out loud. I love them! I am currently reading the whole series. If you haven't read them, I promise you will not be disappointed!!

5. Memorizing Scripture. At the beginning of this year I've committed to memorize one scripture a week. You can read more about it here.

5. Memorizing Scripture. At the beginning of this year I've committed to memorize one scripture a week. You can read more about it here.
6. Melissa - My little sister. This chick and I have been through EVERYTHING together. I can remember growing up we fought like cats and dogs. My Grandmama used to tell us that one day we would we would be the best of friends. I would tell Grandmama, "There is NO WAY we will ever be friends." Grandmama was right. Melissa is just as much apart of me as my legs and arms are. She's had a rough year this year, and she definitely makes it to the top of my super-hero list, even higher than Batman (*wink-wink* Beans). She really is such an inspiration. She's creative, funny, smart, witty, and is definitely the "cute and fun" one.
7. Music - Although if you heard me sing you would BEG me to stop, I LOVE music. It truly is an expression of my feelings that words just don't do justice for. My favorites are Praise and Worship, Louis Armstrong, Michael Buble, Corey Smith, Van Morrison (I like a lot of old stuff), George Winston, just about anything 80s.
10. Making Memories - I love making memories . . . whether it is with Jon, my kids, best friends, old friends, new friends, my parents, my in-laws, my sisters, my nieces and nephews; heck, even with complete strangers, I love making memories and putting them on this blog. After all, that is why I started blogging. It keeps me accountable! After all, that is what life is . . . a collection of our memories! How I pray God will keep memories fresh in my mind and those I love. I am learning memories are something we truly take for granted . . . that is, until a dreadful disease comes and robs us of them. Making Memories is definitely a high priority in my life right now. We just got some really bad news about someone who is extremely close to my heart and that I love dearly. . . more on that later though. This is supposed to be a fun post!
8. Movies - I love movies. I really don't watch as many as I would like. I'm one of those "go, go, go" girls, and as soon as I stop I fall asleep. My favorite kind of movies are light-hearted comedies. I don't like anything too dramatic or serious. I want to watch something that is going to make me laugh, 'cause I love to laugh.
9. Mama- She is one of the most giving people I have ever known. One of the earliest memories I have of her giving heart is one time when we were little we were at Kentucky Fried Chicken. Mama saw this man and started talking to him. She's one of those people who knows someone everywhere she goes. I just thought he was someone she knew from the hospital (she's a nurse). She told all of us girls to go and sit down at a table while she ordered our food. On the way to our table mama took some food to this man's table. When she got to the table I asked her who he was. She said she didn't know, but that he was homeless. This may not sound like a lot, but back then we did not have very much. I know this was very much a sacrificial gift. It made a huge impact on me. It also teaches me even more so that our children are watching our every move. She truly loves her girls like no one else. If I am sick she takes off work to come take care of me. If my kids are sick she will take off work to come and help me. She loves my kids like no one else, and if there was a Grandmother of the Year Award, she would definitely get it! I love her so much, and I don't know what I'd do without her.
3 comments:
Michele,
I read your blog daily. You are such an inspiration to me. You make me want to be a better person. You always have such a sweet way with words. Words can never explain how much I love you and your family. I pray for you all every day.I am sooooo Blessed. I am so proud of the woman you have grown up to be and also the love you have for the Lord. You are the kind of woman any mother would want a daughter to become.I am so thankful, God gave you to me to be my daughter.I love you so very much.
Mama
OH MY WORD, Nanna made me CRY!!!! She even signed up to be able to comment for you! How sweet!!!
I'm so proud of you and Girl, you aren't any less creative than I am and I loved this post!!! You came up with some great stuff!
I gotta check out the Mitford series! You are so wonderful!
Great list!
I'm sorry about the bad news you got...I know how hard that hits, so I'll be praying. God knows the details!
Post a Comment