Sunday, September 7, 2008

Disney Top 10

Since Disney World is pretty much our family vacation every year we always do a Disney Top 10. Everyone gets to pick 2 and then most of the time we agree on a lot of the same things so we agree together as a family what goes on our list. By the way, these are in no random order. Soooo, here we go.


1. Tower of Terror. Mama in High Heels does not do ANYTHING scary, so that means no Tower of Terror and no Haunted Mansion for me. However, the boys went and did this together. So, this one is Alec's and Alec's alone. To be honest he is pretty moody these days, and he was really upset that Ashley got to ride some of the roller coasters this year that only he could ride last year. I really think this is why he got up the gusto to do this ride and why he picked it as one of his favorites - so he could one-up her. (After this trip I know I really need to start reading books about adolescence)


2. Le Cellier. We have been trying to get reservations to this restaurant for 2 years. Literally our whole trip was booked around reservations to this restaurant, as we usually like to go later in September. I must say it DID NOT disappoint!!!!! The food was truly the best I have EVER put in my mouth. I know now why everyone loves it. I highly recommend it if you can get in!!



3. Water parks - We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the 2 Disney water parks - Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach. In the past Blizzard Beach has been our favorite because they seem to cater more to smaller children than Typhoon Lagoon. However, Hanna Boo and her tall self was tall enough to ride everything but 2 water slides. In fact, she didn't want to go to the kiddie part because she LOVED the water slides. All of the children agreed (WOW) that the wave pool in Typhoon Lagoon was the BEST ride in Disney.

4. Toy Story Mania - For any of you who watch the Disney Channel this ride has been advertised and it was GREAT!!! It is like a video game, and everyone is my house is competitive so we all loved it!!

5. Kids Cot Fun Shop - This was something that Epcot offers to get the kids interested in World Showcase. World Showcase has always been a favorite of mine and Jon's, however, they really do not offer much for children. They may have been doing this for awhile and we were just totally unaware, but this year we took part. Each child colors a mask and goes around to each country and gets a stamp on the stick the mask is attached to and a design attached to the mask that represents each country. This type of this is really more up Alec's alley; however, he didn't get into very much. Ashley LOVED it!!!! So this was one of her faves.

6. Princess Breakfast - I did this with Ashley when she was 4 and Hanna was a baby, but it was time to do it again. The girls were both very excited. Disney added more things to it since the last time we did this and it, of course, was GREAT!!! The boys went and rode rides in Magic Kingdom while we dined with the princesses. The best part of this experience was they did this thing where the girls had a wishing star and waved their wands and made a wish. After this I talked to my girls about how the princesses were not real (which they already knew) and they were dressed up and it was all for fun. However, we are really princesses because we are daughters of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. I told them that even as grand as Cinderella's castle was that heaven was so much better and more glorious than the castle. I also told them that princesses are to do like their father's do and we are to do like Jesus did - to serve, to love, to give. It was a great moment that I will treasure in my heart forever.
7. High School Musical 2 performance - This was Ashley's other fave. She loves High School Musical and they were performing in the streets of Disney Hollywood Studios. They pulled kids from the audience to dance with them and so got to go. Of course she was thrilled and hammed it up!!!
8. Crystal Palace - This was one of Hanna's faves. However, Jon and I were pretty disappointed. The food was okay and only 2 of the characters made it to our table. Jon and I prefer the Chef Mickey's much more, but if you never try you never know. Hanna Boo loved it though because she loves Pooh and his crew.

9. Rock and Roller Coaster - The BEST roller coaster hands down. Ashley got to ride it this year and she LOVED it. Alec said that it jerked him around too much but it was his favorite last year. Like I said, he was pretty mad that his little sister got to ride it this year. I love it though. It had to make the Top 10 List.

10. Characters - Alec has gotten "too cool" for the characters. Ashley still likes them. Hanna Boo LOVED them. That was another of her faves. I say every year that this year will be the last year we go to Disney for awhile, but I knew if we went this year that she was at a great age to love seeing the characters. She was a little afraid last year, but that is the one thing she constantly wanted to do was look for characters and let them sign her book.

3 comments:

Tiffani said...

What a great post!! Wow, it's hard to believe that you guys have been there so many times and can still enjoy it like you do...I guess that's why Disney is so great...Everyone looks like they are really enjoying themselves. I can't wait to see the rest of the pics!!!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

You guys are a great-looking family! And it looks like you had a wonderful time!

God's Girl said...

You have a beautiful family! I pray that you have a wonderful week.

Blessings to you,

julie