Sunday, July 20, 2008

A Week in Review

This week has been a great week. We've had the best of both worlds -our times of busyness and boredom. Here is the play-by-play of our week.

Monday- We spent most of the day at the pool. It was great. I love those lazy summer days by the pool.

Tuesday- We spent the entire day at home. It was so nice! I feel like I have been entertaining the children all summer, and I have been itching to be crafty. So I started sewing and I got several things accomplished that I have actually been wanting to do for months.

Wednesday- The girls both had to have their teeth cleaned. We spent most of the morning at the dentist's office. It was a treat because Jon went with us. We then went to Upscale Pizza, a new pizza place that Truett Cathy (owner of Chick-fil-A) has started. Guess what? Mr. Cathy was there. He was having what looked like a meeting with these 2 guys. When we were leaving I went up to him and told him how much we enjoyed it and that we really appreciated all that he stood for. He stood up and said, "Oh you are such a nice lady. It looks like you have got some angels with you." He then gave each of the children a light-up key chain with his name on it. He told me, "Instead of just Eat More Chicken that it is now Eat More Chicken and Pizza." I told him we definitely couldn't go wrong there and thanked him for his time. What a great man of integrity! Jon told the children they had better be thankful for their mom (who doesn't mind imposing or asking things other people, AKA Jon, wouldn't ask). He said that if he was the only one with them that he would have just let them look at Mr. Cathy through the window. I must say I have to thank my mom for that boldness in me (although I DO NOT have boldness in other areas). Then we went and had our "Book Day." We spent a good while at Barnes and Nobles and each of the children got to pick out a book. They were very excited. We came home. I actually snuck in a nap, then we went to church for July Jamboree.

Thursday - I had to go into the office to handle some business for Jon. Truett's was having a customer appreciation week and they had a water slide, sand art, limbo, hula hoop contest, so after dinner we took off and went there. It was a lot of fun. Ash won the hula hoop contest and we were all so proud.

Friday - Jon took the kids out to breakfast so I had the house to myself for a little while - n.i.c.e. We went to the pool with my dear friend Tiffani (sorry Tiff I don't know how to do the link thing yet:). We had a wonderful time! Again, we talked about everything from A to Z and then realized what a small world it is from people we know in our past. Tiffani and her family are extremely close and dear to my heart, and we always have a great time when we are together. We went to my in-laws that night for dinner and cooked out hamburgers. Great fun!

Saturday - That morning I spent some good cuddle time with my girls watching cartoons. I then sat down with Alec and looked at his new book with him. Boy do I love that boy and his love for history. It is a book on WWII. I then watched a little Abbott and Costello with him. He's not really a cuddler, but I sneak in what I can to always let him know how much I love him and how important he is to me. I then sewed a window treatment for his room. The girls did crafts and Ash made me a necklace. We had a birthday party to go to and I so wanted Ash to know how much I loved the necklace. So, being somewhat of a fashion diva myself, I actually pulled it off. I wore a black shirt, the yellow necklace, and a yellow band thing in my hair with it pulled back. She was so excited that I was wearing it. We then went to the birthday party. It was a great party. It was a ballerina theme and all of the girls were to dress up. They painted the girls' faces with swans and the boys with frogs. They gave the girls fairy wings and a tutu. A real ballerina that dances with the Atlanta Ballet was there and she lead some dances for the girls. She was very nice and, of course, I just had to know what she thought about the show "So You Think You Can Dance?" She and I talked about her perspective on the show. When I told Jon this he just grinned and shook his head. The party was great. As I was coming home my in-laws had my niece at the park in our subdivision, so the girls and I stopped and visited for a little bit. The children stayed at the park with them and I came home and put dinner in the oven and turned on my Michael Buble CD. Alec came in and he and I had a great time dancing to "Everything." That night I had to go to the grocery store and get some Tylenol. I ran into some old friends, The Poole's, and enjoyed catching up with them. I so love their oldest daughter. She is so precious and I really miss seeing her. At times I really do wish we were all still apart of one another's lives. She has turned into such a beautiful young woman, and I hate the fact that I am missing out on her growing up.

Sunday - I got up this morning and ran 6.2 miles before church, and I actually made it on time for Sunday School. Church was really good. Our church body confirmed our new pastor with 100% vote today. It was a good day. I am so excited about what God is going to do in our church. We have certainly had our ups and downs throughout the years. Last week we had an after-church fellowship meal and our pastor's wife (who is precious by the way) made this AMAZING blueberry delight cake. Jon was absolutely smitten with this cake. He certainly let both Dan and Ann know how much he loved it. After the service day Jon went up to Pastor Dan and told him,"You know Dan I was really on the fence about you, but after your wife made that cake I knew I had to vote for you." He cracks me UP!!!! After all they do say that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach!!!! We came home and ate lunch. I took a nap in my favorite napping spot and now I am blogging. God is good all the time!!!!

2 comments:

Tiffani said...

I was beginning to wonder if you'd given up blogging like I'm about to give up sewing :) It's great to recap...we had fun at the pool too and you know how dear you are to my heart...I ALWAYS look forward to our time together!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a full week!

I loved hearing how you snuggled with the kids while watching cartoons. That is my favorite thing to do with teh kids.

As a matter of fact we rented an entire season of Brady Bunch and have been watching it together over the last few weeks! I love it!

Good to hear from you!