Monday, July 14, 2008

Celebrating Stay-at-Home Moms

I have a friend, Candis (below in the pink) that is a mother of 2, her oldest being 4, who has been dreaming of the day she would become a stay-at-home mom. This has been an issue that has been bathed in much prayer. Well, guess what? A few months ago she told us that God had answered her prayers and she was going to get to be a stay-at-home mom. Of course, we were all ecstatic for her and rejoicing with her like crazy. When the time came for her to give her 2-week notice we decided this called for a CELEBRATION. Saturday night 4 of us girls went to Bugaboo Creek (one of Candis' favorite places to eat) to celebrate stay-at-home moms. All 4 of us are now stay-at-home moms. I am telling you, we had a BLAST!!! I know the Bugaboo Creek staff was probably ready to kick us out. We stayed for about 4 hours. Time sure does fly when you're having fun. We talked about everything from A to Z. We laughed so hard our bellies hurt, we encouraged one another, we listened to one one another without having to say, "hold on a second", we talked about past mistakes and failures, we listened to one another's advice. It was GREAT! We all go to church together and see one another fairly often, but there is something about being together outside of church that really helps to form bonds. I think this is something we will definitely try to start doing once a month. I felt so refreshed after being with these ladies. Thanks girls for such a great night and praise the LORD that Candis is having the opportunity and privilege to serve the LORD by serving her family at home.
Stay-at-Home moms celebrating life!
Me and Tiffani

Candis and Lori



1 comment:

Tiffani said...

Oh What Fun!!! That girl in the striped shirt is sooo cute!! :) I am still getting tickled when I think about some of the things we said :)