Thursday night I took my 2 very favorite girls in the whole wide world, along with some other moms and their girls, to see the Kit Kittredge movie. My girls were so excited about doing this. My Hanna would ask me everyday, "How many more days until we see the Kit movie?" First of all, no boys were allowed, so it was fun just to be with a whole bunch of girls of all ages. I must say this has to go down into one of my all-time favorite movies! It was great. I would definitely see it again, whether with my girls, my girlfriends, or my hubby. It takes place during the Great Depression. I am a history nut anyway, but I love hearing about this time period. I can listen to my grandparents talk about this time period for hours. This movie made me laugh, it made me cry - it was just all-in-all wonderful. It was amazing as to how relative things were to today's times, but it also made me realize what people back then actually gave up -not just their cars, furniture, homes, time with their family, but also their pride. Oh, the movie was SOOOO good. To put the icing on the cake, I had the privilege of seeing it with my daughters, their friends, and my friends (the other moms). This is definitely the best American Girl movie I have seen, one we will definitely buy and see over and over again when it comes on DVD. I am so grateful my girls have such good Godly friends who come from Godly families. I pray as they age they will always make wise choices in their friendships and chose friendships that will encourage them in their faith and hold them accountable. I pray also that my girls will be the kind of friend that build others up, encourage others in their faith, pray for their friends and hold their friends accountable to the truth of God's word. I am so blessed to be a mom. I absolutely love it!
1 comment:
...I even told Connor that I really think if he could get past the fact is was an "American Girl" movie that he would LOVE it...are up for seeing it again at the $ movie when it gets there???
Post a Comment