I finished in 52:00 on the nose. Makes me a little sick I didn't run just a second faster to be in the 51's. Oh well. I didn't do as well as I did on my last 10K, but this was a harder course, and it was much, much hotter. Out of 60,000 people I finished 4,665th. I'm pretty excited about that!!!! Jon's time was 49:36 and he finished 3224th overall.
And. . . to boot, we had a great crew of friends with us!
Jenn and Tripp. . . this was Jenn's 3rd year running it.
- Corral A-C had guards blocking the gate that were checking your race number to make sure you could be in these corrals. I was in corral B, Jon and Doug in A, and Angela H. in C. After walking through the gates I looked at Angela H and said, "Man, I feel pretty special."
- This wasn't a favorite, but I was really embarrassed. I opened the door on a man in the port-a-potty. Mortified I tell you. . .totally mortified.
- I got one of the Moe's shirts they were throwing out. It actually looks better than the Peachtree shirts. I gave it to Jon. He'll wear it much more than I will.
- The ice cold towels after we ran.
- Going to Trader Joes while waiting on the rest of our crew to finish.
- Sitting around, hanging out, and goofing off while waiting on our friends.
- Matching my sweet friends with our tie-dyed shirts.
- Going to the Expo with Ang and David and eating Varsity.
- Going to the Missing Person tent and telling them, "I think I'm missing. My friends said to meet them under the "H". Where's the H?
- Laughing. . . cause I always love me some laughing!
Here's Piedmont Park after we finished the race.
1 comment:
Congrats! I have never run the peachtree either, and may never since that typically is our vacation week. Looks fun!
Post a Comment