Tonight, however, my sweet Ashley broke down. It was just she and I in the kitchen and she looks at me with those big blue eyes and big, gully-washer tears just flowing from her face, "I don't want you to go."
Oh, how my mama's heart tugs and tears at me. I really wanted to cry with her. I almost did. But, I knew I needed to be strong for her and reassure her. I was telling her all the things I've been telling myself when I think about missing my family so.very.much!!!
- "It's a little over a week out of the whole year. That's nothing in the scheme of things."
- "You'll be so busy you won't have time to miss me."
- "It will be so amazing to tell of all the Lord is going to do through this trip."
- "This will pave the way for our whole family to go one day."
My sweet one just sobbed and sobbed. . . I don't think I will ever forget her big eyes and big tears, telling me how close she is to me, and she doesn't want me to go, she doesn't want to miss me.
This is different, different from anything or anywhere I've been before. I tried to remind her of when Jon and I were in Nevada. . . and she did fine with that. . . that it's really no different. She knows, and I know. . . it is totally different.
To be continued. . .
1 comment:
can't wait for the rest of the story!!!! this trip will likely change your life and will be well worth all of the nerves.
we have an enemy but on all of my mission trips our God has always been stronger and reigned the victor!
He will for you too-you'll be in my prayers!
Post a Comment