Monday, November 30, 2009

Black Friday

Oh I had such mother guilt about Black Friday this year. Alec was still running a fever. Hanna had to be at Nutcracker dress rehearsal. I decided to go anyway. . . knowing Alec would be mostly sleeping while I was gone . . .and also knowing his Daddy could take just as good of care as him as I could.

I had one big item I had my eye on . . . Rock Band for the Xbox 360 for $50. This would be a family gift (my favorite ones).

I was so excited I woke up at 1:45 that morning. I got up, put some makeup on, pulled my hair in a pony tail, and put my "Run Girl Run" hat on and headed out the door.

I was meeting my mom and baby sister.

I went to Old Navy first and had to wait in line to even get in the door. Now, mind you, the store had been open for 45 minutes. . . but because of the crowd they would only allow a certain number of people in when people came out of the store. Crazy, I tell you. . . just plain crazy. I went and picked out a couple of a pair of jeans. . . then looked at the line. I knew there was NO WAY I was going to get my jeans and be at Wal-Mart in time. I put my selfish side aside and left . . .with NOTHING.

I got to Wal-mart and followed the guy who was rolling out the XBox 360 Rock Band games. I followed him like a puppy following its master. I stood where he stood, walked where he walked. . . you get the picture. he finally found us a home and I stood beside them.

There was this girl who was CLEARLY very loud and aggressive and meant she was getting one of these items and didn't care who she had to stomp on to get it. Quite frankly, she scared me . . .
That is . . . until my Mama got there. . .
Mama made it LOUD and CLEAR she would fight who needed to be fought. She jokingly teased with this man (see him behind the boxes?) that she was fighting for ME and would fight HIM if she needed to. With Mama by my side I wasn't so scared of this girl in orange anymore. Mama also brought coffee to get us geared up and ready to go!!!

It's so funny the things that run through your head as you are waiting for your item. I literally was thinking, "Okay, Michele, you're in pretty good shape. You could definitely pick up and hold one of these and even run if you need to. Oh, but this girl in the orange. She seems pretty mean. Are you that mean, Michele? Could you really fight her if you had to? Would her aggressiveness outweigh your athleticism? Is it really THAT important?" I was ready to do what needed to be done. See my big purse? No, that's not luggage!! It is the BEST purse ever made, and I LOVE it!!! I even draped it across my chest so I would have more moving room with my arms . . . in case I had to use them . . . you know? . . . to throw an elbow . . . just kidding. . . sort of *smile*

With all of my stuff, my Mom's stuff, and my little sister's stuff. . . we had 3 buggies piled high!!!

Mama was beat!!! She's been battling a tough cold and her voice sounds like fingernails going down a chalkboard. I love talking with her, but there were times when I would ask her to be quiet. Her voice was so scratchy and painful sounding. . .
In this belly lies my future niece or nephew. My little sister is pregnant, and we are all so very excited.
Hopefully now I will get to be the fun aunt.

I about fell on the floor when we were standing in line for the bathroom and Kristen pulls out these (from her coat pocket)

You HAVE got to be kidding me!! She takes them everywhere she goes. . . and just when you thought you knew someone. . . there's always something new to be learned. . .

I teased my mom. She said, "Well I just got out of bed today. I don't care about fashion." I said out loud, "Well, obviously you don't Mama. Otherwise, you wouldn't be wearing that sweater." We had great time and laughed a lot.
This is truly one of my very favorite days of the year. I was a little bummed because I had to be in my car by 9:30. Jon was going to take Alec to the doctor and/or Hanna to the dress rehearsal and I was going to do the other. Anyway, we were both needed at home. . . it was probably for the better though . . . at least I spent less money, right? A good bargain is my kryptonite. . . it makes me weak in the knees and I tend to buy more than I need.. . .so good thing I had to leave early.

5 comments:

Amber said...

FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go giving that chick in orange the beat down!!!

You could have taken her had it come to that!!! :)

Annsterw said...

Nice!!!!! That was the BEST Black Friday post I have seen yet!!!!!!!!! Cpongrats on the niece or nephew - It is the best being the fun aunt!!!!!!

Rayna said...

I always love going shopping with my daughters anytime. I especially love Black FRiday. We have such a good time. As far as the girl in the orange, most people like her, I find that their bark is alot bigger than their bite.

Tiffani said...

oh I've GOT to blog about some things and Black Friday being one of them!!

One of these days we're just gonna have to all go together y'know it?!!

I still have to hear the Nanna story!

I am soooo excited for Kristen and will be praying over her sweet pregnancy!

really.truly said...

Hey, I have those charmin things!! I always forget to use them....I'm going to have to go find them ;)

I am very impressed with your Black Friday skills and smarts!! Yay for getting Rock Band!

I Hope Alec is better.