Friday, December 5, 2008

Summing it Up

Not much blog worthy has been going on this week, but just so my very tired mind will remember this week I am going to sum it up.
  • Monday - My friend, Lisa, had to have an emergency surgery to remove a hernia, so I had one more child added to my crew. I had her oldest little boy. Bless his heart, I felt so bad for him. We had both ballet and basketball and my kids get pretty bored having to wait on their siblings; however, they are used to it. So, I felt extra sorry for Tucker. He was a trooper though and hung in there. We went from ballet to our favorite pizza spot then headed to Ash's first basketball practice for the season. The girl is a natural athlete. Even one of the other mom's commented on it. I think so many people think she gets it from me since I am so into working out. Actually her Daddy is the athlete. I always tell people I run because anyone can do it, just put one foot in front of the other. I really am a very clumsy person with no athletic ability whatsoever.
  • Tuesday - Alec and Ash had "homeschool school." Hanna and I went shopping and got things for our Advent Jesse tree. I love this idea. It has really been fun for my family, and we have learned so much. It teaches how Jesus has been there from the beginning and He just didn't come on the scene on Christmas Day. We have a devotion every morning and an ornament to go to the tree that relates to the ornament. We then went to vote. Jon also got his X-Box 360. The kids (Jon being one of them) were stoked and so very excited!!! Alec had swim practice.
  • Wednesday - We met with some of our friends and got together goodies to send to the soldiers serving over in Iraq. This was a fun time. There is one really neat lady, Jane, who I really like a whole lot. I am going to make a point to have she and her kids over for lunch one day. She, like me, works and homeschools. For a long time she did the 4:00 AM thing like I do. Now she works after her hubby gets home. She has 5, yes 5, children though. I could probably learn ALOT from her! She seems to have it all together. She assured me she does not. She sure has me fooled!!

Wednesday night at church I got a call from my father-in-law saying he really needed to talk with Jon and I. He has not been his normal self for many, many months now. Anyway, to make a long story short I got my kids and we left church. I tried to get in touch with Jon's mom, but couldn't. I went by her church to see if she was there - no dice. Jon's dad then came over and said some really odd things. The problem is the doctor's haven't diagnosed him with anything. One doctor was leaning towards colon cancer because he has had a lot of weight loss and no appetite. But, praise the LORD, he does not have colon cancer. I am just praying that soon we will find out what is wrong and it can be fixed. I have cried my eyeballs out so many times grieving over him. Poor Jon, he is having to console me, and it is his Dad. When praying the other day I realized the LORD is allowing me to grieve now, so that when it comes time for Jon to grieve I can be strong for him. Jon is swamped with work right now, but I believe that is a good thing so he doesn't have time to think about all that is going on with his Dad. He did say the other night after his Dad left that he knows his Dad is no longer the man he knows, that he has essentially lost his Dad already. I have just been in such a funk since Wed. night. I feel so heavy, like I have this dark cloud hanging over my head.

  • Thursday - I was SWAMPED with work!! Ash had an orthodontist appointment and got green and red bands on her braces. A friend came over and we made ornaments for our kids' teachers. She is so funny and cracks me up! I really needed to laugh after Wed. night. I had to cut our visit short though because I had to meet this lady to sign a contract who is renting one of our houses we have for sale. Praise the LORD!! God is really looking after us during this S-L-O-W real estate market!!! I was so tired (maybe it is because of this black cloud that keeps following me around:) and I was asleep before 9:00 PM. I even set my alarm to 5:00 AM instead of 4:00 AM.
  • Friday - Remind me to not ever set my alarm an hour later. Trust me, I may get more sleep but work drags on. I am so much slower once everyone wakes up. I didn't finish until almost 10:30. We started school at 11:00 - YUCK! I hate doing this. I really like to start at 8:00 AM. I am on homeschool burnout right now and I can't wait until we take a break. None of us wanted to do school today, but I told the kids if we were going to take a Christmas break we had to push through! We did! Alec had swim practice and now we are home. Jon is still working and I am not sure when he will be home. I think I am going to go get the kids in bed and put on a good movie. Tomorrow we are heading to Stone Mountains with some friends and I am so excited! It is going to be a great day!

Hope everyone out there in bloggy world has a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Michele, I'm sorry you have had a rough few days. I have been praying for you. Love you and can't wait till tomorrow!

Nancy said...

You are one very busy little bee! Take some time out for yourself.
Thank you again for the gift! I still haven't been able to wipe the smile from my face.

Have a blessed day.

Tiffani said...

shew...I'm tired for you!

Good for you for getting this out..I'm so behind on blogging (been a little busy) ;)

You definitely deserve a break from ALL areas not just homeschooling! Hang in there...it's coming!