Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Years Resolutions

In the midst of a trashed house, 5 kids ranging from ages 2 to 11, a husband, a sister, and a brother-in-law, 2008 will become 2009 in a flash. But . . . . before that happens I have to list my New Years Resolutions. I am the kind of girl who LOVES a clean slate. I love New Years and, while I may fail to keep many of my resolutions, I sure love giving them a good try. So. . . . here it goes.

1. Be more organized.
2. Eat healthier and feed my family healthier.
3. Stop eating out so much and cook more at home.
4. To not blog, read blogs, or get on facebook until ALL of my work is done.
5. To be more immersed in the things my husband and children like.
6. To listen to people not just with my ears, but with my eyes, to give them my full, undivided attention.
7. To go and see my parents and grandparents more.
8. Be a better wife, mother, daughter, sister, and friend.
9. Have lunch with the kids in my Wednesday class at their schools. Be very in-tune with their lives.
10. Grow closer and closer to the LORD.
11. Fast and pray more than I did in 2008.
12. Make more time for my personal reading pleasure. I read lots of things with my children. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to read. However, the books I want to read often come at the end of the list. I want to make at least 30 minutes a day for reading what I want!!!
13. To be sincerely kind to those people who I know don't like me very much, to truly care for them and reach out to them (this is a tough one for this people-pleaser, approval addict - normally if someone doesn't like me it is VERY hard for me to accept and I tend to withdraw myself from them).
14. To reach out and try and get together with friends I don't see very often.

Really this list could go on and and on. These are the things that are most important to me. I guess if I had to sum up the way I want to live 2009 I will have to borrow the words from Chris Tomlin's "The Way I was Made," - "I want to LIVE like there's no tomorrow. I want to DANCE like no one's around. I want to SING like nobody's listening (a big sorry to those who are anywhere in hearing range) before I lay my body down. I want to GIVE like I have plenty. I want to LOVE like I'm not afraid. I want to be the man (woman) I was meant to be. I want to be the man (woman) I was made."

Happy New year everyone!!!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Michele...Happy New Year to you and your family. May God richly bless you in 2009!!
Every single one of your resolutions could be (or should be) mine. I'm happy to have a clean slate to begin again...to try and be that mother, wife, friend that I should be...or that God wants me to be.
Thank you for all of your encouragement and prayers. I appreciate meeting you and the chance to get to know you better.
God Bless You!!!

Tiffani said...

That's quite a list and I know you well enough to know that you mean each and every one from the bottom of your heart...that's what I love about you!!!

I pray that you will be successful in all you wish to do my sweet friend! Happy New Year--I love you!

Heather said...

Happy New Year! My resolutions are almost the exact same as yours!!! I have got to start back cooking and doing less eating out! And my time on the computer totally eats up a lot of my productivity around here!
Thanks for being my bloggy friend! Praying blessings for you in 2009!

Musings of a Homeschooling Mom said...

That is a great list of resolutions! Happy New Year!