Friday, December 19, 2008
Christmas in Dixie
Yesterday we had our Christmas gift exchange with our friends, who might as well be called family, Tiff and crew. The kids were all very excited about their gifts. I just love hearing the tearing of the wrapping paper, and the, "Thank you. Oh, cool!, Look!" out of their sweet little mouths.
This is SUPPOSED to be December, Christmas time - a time when we are bundling our chidlren up in their coats before they go outside; a time when we are telling them they can't play too long outside because we don't want them to get sick. It is supposed to be a time when I can't wait for Jon to get home to build us a fire in the fireplace. It is supposed to be a time when I am craving hot apple cider or hot chocolate to warm me up because I am so COLD!! But . . . . here in Georgia, for the past 2 days it has been quite warm and stuffy. What is going on with this weather I don't know!!! Yesterday I tried my hardest not to turn on the air, but I gave in. It is Christmas time and I am turning my air conditioning on!!! The kids played outside barefooted and with capris on. The boys were even at the fort in the woods without their shirts on. That is how warm it is here. It is really hard for it to feel like Christmas when you are thinking, "Oh no, I really need to go and get a pedicure to wear my sandals instead of my boots." I did check the weather though and it is supposed to be normal "Christmasy" temps next week.
The girls raked up a pile of leaves and would stand on this hill. They would say, "Go," and they all would hold hands and run and jump into the pile of leaves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Fun! I love the picture of them jumping in the leaves! You guys are so blessed to have such good friends who are like family. We have one family like that, but we don't see each other as often as we used to.
Hope you have a fun weekend getaway!
This was such a fun day!!! I love my extended family! I was looking forward to you posting so I can link and not have to write it myself!! ;)
I caved with the air last night too for just a little while to clear the ding dang stuffiness!!!
SO FUN! We had that wacky weather, too, but now (and pretty quickly) it has turned COLD! I bet that is on its way to you!
Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment