Earlier this week I told Jon to clear his calender for a time when I was taking him on a "surprise" trip. This morning Jon informed me that he knew where we were going. We played this cat and mouse game of "No you don't", "Yes I do." Eventually when he said we are going to GPI (Grove Park Inn) I was SHOCKED! How did he find out? He doesn't read my blog. He hasn't talked to any of my friends.
He has been buying video games off ebay and the ebay account is in my name. Therefore, all of the ebay emails go to my computer (we have separate computers). Jon NEVER, EVER gets on my computer! He had one video game that was scratched, so last night he got on my computer to see if the seller had emailed him about the video game. As he was scrolling down my thousands of e-mails he saw the confirmation.
He was so sweet. He said he said to himself, "Please don't be it, please don't be it." He didn't open the email, but he knew by the subject line that was it.
Y'all I was so mad!!! I told him I was so mad I didn't even feel like going to church to worship Jesus. I went downstairs and he tried to follow me. I had tears in my eyes and they were about to spill forth like Niagara Falls. I even told him I couldn't talk about it because we had to go to church and I didn't want to mess up my makeup.
I wasn't mad at him. I really do believe he wasn't purposely trying to find out. I was just mad that he found out. He was so sweet. He told me he couldn't fake being surprised and he just had to tell me. One of the things I have always admired most about Jon is his honesty (even though it has hurt at times:).
So, now we get to talk about our trip together. He checked out Grove Park online and was very impressed. I told him I had the whole itinerary planned out. Jon has always planned ALL of our vacations, so I really wanted to impress him with my ability to plan. Don't get me wrong he does his research through and through and has always planned great vacations. There is just something to be said about doing something you've never done before.
Tonight when the kiddos go to bed we are going to get online and look at everything together. I am still very excited. I just had to have a pity party for awhile. It didn't take me too long to get over myself though.
5 comments:
I am sick for you over this!! Hopefully it's subsided by now and you guys are going to have such a special memorable weekend!!
Michele,
Thank you so much for the comment. I'm gonna try to email you later 'cause we're BFF's in the making, for sure. For now, let me say that you are gonna love GPI. We used to live about an hour from there. I love it and Ashville so much. Have a blast!
Oh No!
BUt at least now you get to anticipate it together!
Just getting caught up on your blog and I am so excited for your trip! That place looks awesome! Sorry the surprise got ruined, though. Ya'll will still have a great time!
Oh, Michele...I would have been upset too. I'm sorry.
I know you're going to have a great time together, and it's fun that you can now anticipate it together.
Post a Comment