Here I am getting it out in the open. . . the other lady. . .
She's at Jon's work. He visits her I know at least once a day. . . sometimes as much as 3 . . . or maybe more when he feels too ashamed to confess. . .
You would think I'd be jealous. But, thankfully, I'm not threatened by her at all. She's pretty boxy. I think she's pretty predictable. She doesn't wear a stitch of make-up, fix her hair, or put on her best outfit, and, yet, I think she literally makes Jon's mouth water. She can offer Jon things I can not. She certainly isn't moody or emotional, and I know she puts a smile on his face. I really do think if I ever get to meet her that we would be friends.
His mom even tried to curb this relationship. She bought Jon some things to keep with him by his desk that would keep him from being tempted to go and see her.
I asked Jon yesterday how it was going? If we was tempted to visit her? I know he must be missing her. He says, in a melancholy voice, "It's just not the same." Poor thing.
I know I have peaked your curiosity and you are dying to know her name?!? Her name. . . .
Snack machine.
Yes, my hubby loves the snack machine. He's like a little kid with that thing. He tries to leave his change at home so he doesn't go and grab a candy bar and then go again to get some chips. . . you know because he has to have something salty to get rid of the sweet taste. It has become such a laugh around here. . . . he and that dang snack machine :)
So, there you have it. Poor Jon. . .I actually understand. It is his way him mom loves on us all. . . through food. She's always bringing us snacks, cookies, breads. She cooks the best meals, etc., etc. He's bound to love food in the family he grew up in. . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment