Friday, January 8, 2010

This Post is for Christy at Husband, Kids, & Big Hair

Christy,

Tiffani has told me how funny you think my "loser" stories are. . . so, just for you, I wanted to post the latest one. . .


As far as my neighbor. . .I've started backing off a little . . . not being overly friendly, peppy. . . what have you. . .

that is . . .

until. . . .

yesterday. . .

It started snowing (which here in the pit of the South is a rarity). I needed to get a run in, so I thought, "How cool would it be to run in the snow?" So. . . off I go.

Towards the end of my run I saw the back of her walking, in the snow, very slow. . . like always.

I started praying for her, and I was really wondering what the Lord would have me do. . . back off? be nice? just smile? just say hello? just look down? do nothing?

I just recently read "Same Kind of Different as Me". It tops my ALL TIME FAVORITES!!! Please read it if you have not. Part of the story is about a woman who tries to befriend a man who doesn't want to be pursued . . . but because of her persistence and the fruit he saw in her life. . . he came to know Christ. . .

So, with that being on my heart. . . here is my neighbor who obviously doesn't want to be my friend. . .

What do I do?

I immediately had an idea that I know came straight from the Holy Spirit. I should send her cards telling her how God loves her no matter what she has ever done. . . backing all of my words up with scripture. . . I was delighted inside.

But, what do I do when I see her in a minute?

I glanced her way and saw her staring at me. I smiled, but didn't make eye contact, and waved my hand.

She uncovered the scarf she had over her mouth and said, "LOSER!!!"

9 comments:

Carpool Queen said...

I find these stories so utterly hysterical. And sad. And then I'm back to laughing again.

KEEP TRYING! If for no other reason than blog fodder.

Michelle said...

You must be kidding....really??????? Oh.My.Word.

Amber said...

Oh, Michele.

I tend to get a huge kick out of the loser stories, but it really makes me so incredibly sad.

I think your idea to send her some little notes in the mail is a great plan.

You are being Jesus to her. Way to go!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I keep hoping the end of your story is gonna change. I'm gonna pray she learns a new word. LOL.

Tiffani said...

oh my goodness...you posted!!!

I wondered where you'd been! Figured holidays and your trip were crazy and you just hadn't gotten around to it yet! So glad you did though..Kristie will be so excited to hear an update!

I know that you are certainly showing her Jesus in the flesh...I can't wait to see how the story continues to unfold..even if it's in Heaven one day!

(I meant to ask you how that book was and forgot!)

Jen said...

WOW! satin is so working in this poor old woman...scary but you keep pressing on. Although it may not feel that great I think you should keep seeking what the Lord has. You both will be blessed forever. I will be praying for you and that her heart would be softened.

Kristie said...

Michelle, I'm going to add you two to my prayer list. My pastor challenged us all yesterday to really pursue that one person who we know God has put on our hearts. God's not only put her on your heart, but in your "hood". While I do love to giggle at your postings of your neighbor, I love more how God is working in you to find a way to reach her! Glad to have you back blogging, now if I could only get off my tush and start up again!

really.truly said...

Your neighbor stories always make me chuckle. She is a character. Stay with her ;)

April said...

I wonder if she reads your blog and comes up with hers attitude an behavior so she can read about herself?????